- 150 ml of Coconut Oil
- 6 Green Cardamoms (Choti Ilaichi)
- 5 Cloves
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 5 tbsp. of finely chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp. of finely chopped Fresh Ginger
- 1 tbsp. of finely chopped Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. of finely chopped Green Chillies
- 8-10 Fresh Curry Leaves
- 5 tbsp. of Puredd Fresh Tomato
- 1/2 tbsp. of Grounded Corriander
- 1/4 tbsp. of Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tbsp. of Ground Turmeric
- 1 kg of Raw Jumbo Prawns
- 8 tbsp. of Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp. of Coconut Cream
- Salt (to taste)
- Bamboo Sticks (one for each prawn)
1) Heat the coconut oil on low heat, add the whole spices and let them splutter for 15 seconds.
2) Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until it becomes limp and starts to change color.
3) Stir in the ginger, garlic, green chillies, and curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
4) Add the pureed tomato, ground spices, and some salt. Saute until the oil separates from the mixture.
5) Push a small bamboo stick through the lenght of each prawn to keep them straight while they are cooking.
6) Add the prawns to the mixture and stir-fry over a high stove heat for 2 minutes.
7) Then add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
8) Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and stir in the coconut cream. Serve With Plain Rice